Thursday, March 5, 2009

Quick and Easy Lemon Chicken


This is a great recipe! It really is quick and easy! You can marinade the chicken and make the sauce ahead of time, so that when you are ready to cook, just fry the chicken and then cook the sauce. I prepared the meal at lunch so when family was ready to eat, dinner was on the table in 10 mins!! I served with steamed rice and some asian greens. YUM!

Lemon chicken


Recipe thanks to AWW
INGREDIENTS

8 small chicken breast fillets
1 egg white
½ teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon grated green ginger
flour
2 tablespoons oil
30g butter
3 shallots
1 lemon
Lemon sauce
125ml (½ cup) lemon juice
1 chicken stock cube
2 tablespoons cornflour
2 tablespoons honey
2½ tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon grated green ginger
1¾ cups water

METHOD

Combine egg white, sugar, salt and ginger, mix well, add fillets, turn in mixture, stand 10 minutes. Coat lightly with flour. Heat oil and butter in pan, add half the fillets, fry until golden brown on both sides and until tender, remove from pan, keep warm. Repeat with remaining fillets. Spoon Lemon Sauce over fillets. Garnish with chopped shallots and thinly sliced lemon.
Lemon sauce: Combine lemon juice, crumbled stock cube, cornflour, honey, brown sugar, ginger and water in saucepan, stir over low heat until sauce boils and thickens.

3 comments:

  1. I'm putting this on my menu to make next week. Thanks for sharing it. It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome that Barbara Bakes is a follower of your blog. She has an awesome food blog if you haven't checked it out already. Her and her family were in OZ for thanksgiving. It is so exciting when you have other foodies scoping out your blog. The chicken sounds yummy. I'm making Anzac buiscuts today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I made your chicken and posted it on my blog a few days ago. It is fun to think we are swapping recipes across the globe. We need to get Zales in on this food blogging thing, she would love it. I'm going to try my hand at Pavlova this weekend. Mum always made them but I haven't made one all on my lonesome before. xoxo

    ReplyDelete